Xiaomi’s Redmi brand just announced the Redmi K30 5G and 4G versions at an event in China, as it had promised. It packs a 6.67-inch Full HD+ 120Hz LCD screen with 4.38mm, dual-punch-hole screen with 91% screen-to-body ratio, thanks to 4.25mm ultra-narrow bottom frame. The K30 5G is the world’s first phone to be powered by the latest Snapdragon 765G with support for built-in 5G stand alone and non-stand alone (SA/NSA) s99ub-6GHz networks. The Redmi K30 4G is powered by Snapdragon 730G instead of Snapdragon 765G and lacks 5G support.
It has 5mm copper tube liquid cooling to the temperature of the phone by up to 7 degrees, and runs Android 10 with MIUI 11 on top. The K30 is also the world’s first smartphone to pack Sony IMX686 64-megapixel 1/1.7″ sensor, and it has an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens, 5-megapixel (2-megapixel in K30) 2cm super macro and a 2-megapixel camera for portrait shots. On the front there is a 20-megapixel camera along with a secondary 2-megapixel camera for portait shots.
The phone has a 3D curved frosted glass body with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, side-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 4500mAh battery with 30W Flash Charge fast charging with new charging architecture with charging conversion efficiency of up to 97% that can charge the phone in 1 hour, while the K30 4G comes with 27W fast charging.
The Redmi K30 comes in White, Blue Red and Purple colors. The Redmi K30 4G version will be available in China from December 12th and the Redmi K30 5G will go on sale from January 2020. Pricing as follows.
Redmi K30 4G 6GB + 64GB — 1599 yuan (US$ 227 / Rs. 16,100 approx.)
Redmi K30 4G 6GB + 128GB — 1699 yuan (US$ 241 / Rs. 17,120 approx.)
Redmi K30 4G 8GB + 128GB — 1899 yuan (US$ 269 / Rs. 19,120 approx.)
Redmi K30 4G 8GB + 256GB — 2199 yuan (US$ 312 / Rs. 22,140 approx.)
Redmi K30 5G 6GB + 64GB — 1999 yuan (US$ 284 / Rs. 20,125 approx.)
Redmi K30 5G 6GB + 128GB — 2299 yuan (US$ 326 / Rs. 23,145 approx.)
Redmi K30 5G 8GB + 128GB — 2599 yuan (US$ 369 / Rs. 26,165 approx.)
Redmi K30 5G 8GB + 256GB — 2899 yuan (US$ 227 / Rs. 29,200 approx.)
Redmi K30 4G / 5G specifications
- 6.67-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate, HDR 10, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- K30 5G — Octa Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- K30 4G — Octa Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 730G 8nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 618 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage expandable memory up to 512GB
- Android 10 with MIUI 11
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 64MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm, f/1.89 aperture, 8MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with 1.12μm, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth and 5MP (2MP in K30) macro sensors with 1.75μm, f/2.4 aperture, 4K 30fps, 960 fps at 720p
- 20MP front-facing camera, 2MP secondary camera with 1.75μm for portrait
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, 1217 Linear Speaker, Smart PA
- Dimensions: 165.3×76.6×8.79mm; Weight: 208g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, Dual-frequency (L1+L5) (K30 5G), GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) / 4400mAh (Minimum) battery with 30W (K30 5G) flash / 27W (K30) fast charging
Redmi K30 vs Redmi K20: What’s the Differencehttps://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js
[…] Redmi K30 has been launched as the latest entrant in the Redmi K series that debuted in May. The new Redmi phone is the successor to the Redmi K20 that had a pop-up selfie camera module to deliver a full-screen experience. It also comes in two distinct variants — 4G and 5G. Featuring a 120Hz display, the Redmi K30 is claimed to deliver smooth graphics. The smartphone also flaunts a quad rear camera setup that is designed to capture ultra-wide-angle and macro shots. Further, the Redmi K30 comes with a 3D curved glass body. The Redmi K30 5G also pack 30W fast charging support. […]
[…] so we decided to compare it with another newly-announced device. We are talking about the Redmi K30 in its 4G variant, another potential best-seller, given its very affordable price. Last but […]